Sleep is super important and should be scheduled on your calendar. Yes, a date with Mr. Sandman should be in your plan every night – and possibly a nap in there, too. Need more convincing? Here is the 411.
10. 7-8 hours every night is needed.
9. Your body repairs itself while you sleep.
8. Your mind recoups from all the work it did all day – and prepares for tomorrow’s tasks.
7. Your body gets rid of fat faster when it is well rested.
6. If you didn’t get your 7-8 hours, a nap may just do the trick to allow your body/mind it’s repair time.
5. Turn off the volume on your phone. Your brain still registers those sounds even when you sleep.
4. Turn off all of the lights. Your brain needs to know it is time to sleep.
3. A routine bedtime is not only beneficial for kids but adults too. Biorhythms, my friends.
2. 30 minutes before sleep time, put your phone away and do something to calm your brain. It will help you go to sleep faster. Just be still in your mind.
1. You lose weight when you sleep!
Got any tips you can share to help us sleep? Let us know in the comments below!
photo credit: Roydon Joe
You REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to start drinking more water!
Why, you ask? Here are the Top 10 Reasons you need to start today…
10. 60% of your body is made of water.
9. You can survive 21 days without food. But, you can only survive 3 or 4 days without water.
8. Water helps rid your body of toxins.
7. Water protects your joints.
6. You need to replace the water you lose daily.
5. You should drink at least 64 oz. of water every day.
4. Water can get rid of headaches.
3. Water helps reduce your calorie intake by reducing hunger signals.
2. Water gives you energy.
- WATER PROMOTES WEIGHT LOSS!
Get to drinking, friends!
Life Coach – Attie Calisto Design
Weight Loss Designed with YOU in Mind
My reason WHY… This sweet boy is more like his mom than he knows. He has my brains; he has my good looks; he has my zest for life; and, he has my bad eating habits.
I’m a mom. I’m a wife. I’m a teacher. I’m a Life Coach. I take care of others. That’s what I do. There is no time to take care of me, too… until I saw him grabbing the same snacks… the same sodas… the same slices of pizza. I was watching my kid turn into me – with all of the GOOD and BAD habits.
It was time to change – for good this time. To get the weight off, I had to change my thoughts – about food and about myself. It was time to start showing up for myself and my son. Are you ready to do the same?
Share in the comments below your reason why…