This week, I am managing my time. I am focusing on what need to get done – one step at a time.
I could give into overwhelm. It is my busiest week of the school year. I have 3 finals for school and 2 Field Days for my students. Months of learning and planning will culminate in a few, short hours.
It’s a lot… on top of my already full days. In the past, I was like a ticking time bomb. People avoided me until after it was all over.
But, this year, I’ve managed my mind… and my time:
- I ask others to help me when I need it… instead of trying to do it all myself.
- In my 30 minute lunch, I am eating and studying… instead of Facebooking.
- Sitting in the pick up line at my son’s school, I am listening to my audiobooks & classes… instead of playing Candy Crush.
- While donating plasma, I am reading my textbook… instead of watching a movie.
- I am creating Heat Sheets while my students are practicing for Field Day events… the list could go on & on.
I am managing my time – even those few minutes here and there.
Don’t get me wrong… I still have downtime. Because, it is on my calendar – scheduled… because, it is important. Everything that is important is on there.
I am getting more done in the same 24 hours I’ve always had, and I’m not stressing over it.
On Friday, I will take a moment (or two) to appreciate how it all came together… and that I didn’t give in to overwhelm, spiraling out of control.
It is going to feel amazing.