There are 3 essential things I need you to know:
- You are NOT broken.
- NOTHING is wrong with you.
- You can do it.
Stop blaming yourself and beating yourself up for not reaching your goal.
You just haven’t reached it yet…
When you take away all of the lies your brain is telling you, you are just left with a habit that needs to be changed.
It may be getting rid of an old habit.
It may be creating a new habit.
It may be both.
There is no drama to it, just data.
To set a goal…
- Write down where you are now. Write down where you want to be.
- List all the obstacles in your way.
- Write a solution for each of the obstacles listed.
- Set your intention (write down your goal statement).
- Make is something you can measure with data.
- Give yourself a deadline to complete your goal.
Now, break your goal down…
- Let’s assume you set a one year goal (but it can be more or less).
- Write down:
- What are you going to do to get closer to your goal this MONTH?
- What are you going to do to get closer to your goal this WEEK?
- What are you going to do to get closer to your goal TODAY?
- At the end of each week, evaluate your results.
- Did you reach your weekly goal?
- What worked?
- What didn’t work?
- What will you do differently for next week?
- Repeat evaluations at the end of the month as well.
Remember, it is just data.
Don’t let your brain tell you otherwise.
You’ve got this.